Why Use Breadcrumbs #
Breadcrumbs allow Products to be categorized to multiple levels, allowing better reports to be generated for each type (crumb) of product!
For example, a breadcrumb for a clothing store can be defined as Adidas > T-Shirts > Long Sleeve > Cotton
From the above breadcrumb, we can get separate performance/profit reports;
- The Adidas brand – verses other brands the store sells
- T-Shirts – verses Shirts, Pants, Shorts, Socks, etc
- Long Sleeve – verses short sleeve, dresses, etc
- Cotton – verses silk or other materials
Using the above breakdown, Raminian users can see profit margins on multiple levels!
Answer difficult questions such as:
- Is the Adidas brand more popular, or a failing brand?
- Do cotton products make us more money, so should we stock more cotton products?
Designing Breadcrumbs #
Creating a breadcrumb is easy. See the example above implemented below. The Breadcrumb Result tab shows the created breadcrumbs which can be used to link to a product.
Navigate to Products > Categories & Departments > Select the Breadcrumbs tab
*Note: A parent cannot link to itself, and should have a blank “Parent ID”!
Sample Breadcrumb Report #
A sample profit report, which shows a breakdown by Breadcrumb